Sunday, December 26, 2010

Think the Fat Lady Has Sung....

It ain't over until it's over, but in my case, I think it is now safe to conclude that the final score is Nature 1, Me 0.  Which is ok under the circumstances.  Sure as heck beats an ectopic pregnancy.  Or worse.  So all is well that ends well, and I am now able to look ahead with some certainty at last.   Thank goodness I planned everything on the assumption that the fat lady would not be singing and thus have things in motion so that I have a future that I can nevertheless look forward to, notwithstanding life's twists and turns. I really do pity some of the other women going through this who seem to have lost their grip on reality, or at a minimum, their perspective, due to their all-consuming fixation/desperation on reproducing. Luckily I did not turn into one of those, although I see how it can happen, and more easily than I would have thought.  I was also very fortunate to find a chat room buddy who was level-headed but going through the same process, that I could run things by and who helped keep it all in perspective, so a big thank-you to S.!!

Now it's onwards and forwards - new job, another car (really have to unload one at least, after all how many BMWs does a hard working career girl truly need, especially when they aren't even on the same continent as me!), knuckling down to finalize the decorating of the apartment (which includes buying a few sticks of furniture - yuck - but I know it will be worth it once it is done) and a quick trip back to North America to sort out a few practicalities.  But more importantly, my short term treats for this coming week, which include a 2-hour massage (YEAY) and a facial (MORE YEAY!). 

Still one blood test to go before I shut this all down, and of course I'll do that final update later this week.

Cheers to you all and have a great Boxing Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment