Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy Trails

Ok, sorry but 9 (!) hours of driving through a blinding snowstorm that crippled much of Europe yesterday for a 15 minute ultrasound appointment does not seem to be a good return on my time/money/nerves.  Luckily, notwithstanding windshield wiper spray nozzles that froze up and crashing fatigue (more about that later) I managed to do the whole trip without injuring myself or anyone else.   Thank goodness I had my appointment to get my new winter tires put on this morning, I think I am going to need them at this rate!

The real news however is that this chicken still (!!!) isn't ready to hatch.  I am up to 13 follicles, a lining of whatever that is thick enough for whatever (forget to ask about that yet again!) and diameters ranging from 15mm - 19mm.  I have to go back tomorrow for yet another ultrasound (I am REALLY getting sick of that drive to Belgium, but at least tomorrow is Saturday so my man will be coming with me and doing the driving too).  They think egg retrieval will be on Monday, and whatever fertilizes will get shoved back in on Thursday.

In the meantime my Gonadal F has been upped to 300 for what the doctor is hoping are the last 2 nights of injections (I will find out tomorrow for sure if Saturday is a go).   We did the 300 for the first time last night, and I don't know if I had a bug or what the issue was, but I ended up half the night sick as a dog.  Charming.  Luckily my man slept through the whole thing.  

Cross your fingers for me that we get the green light on Saturday, this driving is really getting tedious and I would just like to get the show on the road at this point!

Cheers

Renee D.

No comments:

Post a Comment