Friday, December 17, 2010

Too Early to Mean Anything, But....

Ok, I caved in and did a Home Pregnancy Test (HPT) this morning.   Actually I did it because I spent $40 on 6 of them and figured what else was I going to do with them?  I am Day 8 post transfer, and it was only a 2-day transfer, so it is FAR too early to mean anything, other than to be an indicator of the fact that medication from the IVF is still in my system.  So the fact that it came in as positive means nothing at this point.  Heck I won't even mention it to my man lest he read something into it.  But now at least I know that the tests work, and will measure every few days to watch the progress.  What I think is supposed to happen is that the positive will become fainter and fainter as the drug works its way out of your system, and then it will hit negative and either stay there or flip back to a positive if in fact one is pregnant.  I say what the hey, it will be good scientific fun to secretly spy on the doings of my reproductive system.  And anyways my blood test is next Thursday so it will give me something to amuse myself with, in between picking out flooring and furniture for the 2nd bedroom.  Oh and a desk too, can't forget that!

My cold has finally turned a corner and feels like it is improving as I didn't wake up hacking 10x during the night.  I did however wake up boiling hot at one point (I mean REALLY warm), not sure what THAT was supposed to be about.  It seems like it is always something!  I also feel a bit barfy this morning, I am really getting tired of these darn drugs and their side effects! The final needle is tomorrow night and I will be thrilled to see the last of them.  Hopefully the drug clears out of my system fairly quickly after that and I get back to normal.  Especially on the bloating front, blech.

So...the beat goes on...and on... 

Cheers and Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment