Wednesday, December 22, 2010

One More Day to Go.....

At long last this journey is almost over!  What a relief it will be to move on from this whole process and get back to normal.  I feel like my entire life has been on hold since the decision to go ahead with this was made in the summer.  All I can say is many thanks to a good buddy of mine who told me to carry on as if I wasn't pregnant or planning on being, and to make all of my decisions on that basis.  Excellent advice!!!

Last night I caved in and slept with a sports bra...hellooooooo?    Oh well, unorthodox but it worked, I didn't get awakened once by sore boobs.  Nor did I have to rush out of bed to pee, I stayed away from a nighttime tea this time!  I am crossing my fingers (and toes) that this darn Pregnyl will have worked its way out of my system by the weekend so that the bloat starts going down and I start feeling like a human being again.  What a nasty nasty drug!

This morning's HPT was only very faintly positive, so the good news is that I am inching closer to getting this drug out of my system.  Tomorrow is beta day (wow - the 2 weeks just flew by) and then I will have closure.  I am looking forward to spoiling myself and focusing on my potential new job as well as at long last finalizing things in my new apartment.   Plus a trip back home in 2-3 weeks to try to finalize things there (heavens do I EVER miss North America!!), and then if everything comes together it will be back to the working grind after a luxurious almost 2 year break. I digress here, but working so sucks.  However this job sounds like it might actually be fun so I am keeping an open mind.

Stay tuned for the final chapter in my battle with nature, I am very intrigued by where it will have ended up!  In the meantime time to start researching a treadmill on the internet because I refuse to be a bloated beach ball for New Year's Eve festivities!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment