Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Fat Lady Sang Loud and Clear

It ain't over until it's over, but it is definitely over!!!!

I am the proud owner of an empty but much-prodded uterus, to the tune of $8,000 (roughly). Hmmmm...think of the vacation that we could have had!

Anyways it has been an interesting ride, that's for sure!  My man is already asking about round 2, but I am not so sure it makes sense, so I am not prepared to entertain that thought yet. Also I am still waiting for the feedback from the Reproductive Endocrinologist, which I suspect will be that my eggs are too old.  After that we will see.  I am thinking that getting back into working and getting a dog is good enough for me.  After all I made it through 43 years without children, so I think I can handle another 20 just fine.  Plus it would probably tie me up too much, and commitment isn't exactly high on my list at this point, especially after how the last few weeks have gone, relationship-wise.   Then again I am not one to spend much time second guessing myself, but still...perhaps slowing down and figuring out what I want in a partner and out of my life would not be a bad thing, before forcing a decision by getting knocked up by his sperm.

So all in all, all is well that ends well, and I am at peace with how it went.

Now I get to look forward to a trip back home (yeay) to sort out my belongings (read - real estate) and then it's time to buckle down and hopefully get back into the workforce.

Never a dull moment!

Suspect I will have a few more posts here, re: what the doctor has to say and next steps but other than that I'll say "bye for now and thanks for listening"!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment