Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 3: IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone and Happy Sunday!

Just a quick update to say - yes yes yes (cartwheels etc. of joy!!!) the "anti-travel sickness" wrist bands seem to have done the job!!!  I put them on before I went to bed....and when I woke up this morning, I felt a wee wee bit of nausea, but hardly any!  I would say it was a 95% improvement, and the 5%, well, I could live with it.  Now I did take them off after I got up because I was worried about what wearing them all day would do to my circulation, and there was a bit of an uptick in the yuckiness factor up until lunchtime, but after that it all settled down (or maybe the big travel cup of ginger tea helped?).

I wonder if they would also work during pregnancy?  Oh well, no point in even thinking about that right now, however nice to know that should my old eggs and I somehow manage to beat the odds, there is a possible solution out there.   Btw apparently it is based upon the principles of accupuncture (or was it accupressure?).  In any event, it didn't involve any drugs and was very straightforward to do....and I can't recall how much they cost since they were bought a few years ago, but I am guessing it was no more than a Starbucks (or two).

So, once again I am a fan of this simple, yet very effective device!  (and, in case anyone cares, they work great on boats and planes)

Have a good week!

PS Ok I know this is looking a bit ahead all things considered and I am trying my hardest NOT to do that in any way shape or form, but I bought 2 pregnancy test kits today, 6 in total.  Which I will be bringing with me to Europe, because who knows what I would walk out the drugstore with if I tried to buy this over there in a foreign language.  And I know I shouldn't use these to check, and should wait for the bloodwork, but frankly who am I kidding? I will no doubt use all 6.  And drive myself crazy in the process.  So there you have it.  No more secrets.  At least I am honest about my human frailties!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment