Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 0: Lift Off - The Pill

Wow...2 posts in one day...not bad for a blogging virgin!

Anyways it all starts with taking the Pill.  Yep.  That's all I need to say and everyone knows exactly what I mean.  Which seems so weird, because I am about to do IVF.  And my odds are not that hot (they tell me 30% but that's probably on the generous side).  And my tubes are tied.  So it ah, would be kind of hard to get in a family way under the best of conditions.  But apparently the Pill stops things from growing in your ovaries so they have complete, scientific control of your egg growing process once you get to the clinic.   Which reminds me...have I mentioned that I feel like a chicken?  Or rather, like a chicken hatching facility? Sigh.

So tonight I do something I haven't done in 10 years.  Take the Pill.  Which my doctor reminds me will make my face break out, and probably grow me a moustache.  Now isn't THAT romantic....by the time I get to Europe for the IVF I might have to find me a sperm donor as my significant other may have heart failure at the zitty hairy creature that greets him at the airport.  Oh and to top it all off I was told that it will kill my sex drive too.  Which is ok because right now he is there and I am here.  It's been a long 2.5 months.  Should have maybe had my doctor put me on it sooner!  :-)  

But I admit that I am still excited, hair and zits notwithstanding, because at least the process has started.   And it feels like a long time since May when I first found out that I was OLD and that my eggs were STALE.  Or worse, expired. 

At long last we have lift-off on project Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment