Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 11: It's Getting Real - Appointment Confirmation!

Received my appointment confirmation from the Belgium clinic today with details regarding the time and the exact location...we're getting down to the short strokes now!  Exactly 3 weeks from today I have my kick-off meeting with "the Professor" (yes, that's what they call the RE, must be a European thing; then again the clinic is part of a hospital so maybe it is related to their teaching duties there) and they run the final checks to make sure that all systems are go to start the drugs!  Which means 3 days after that it will be needles, needles and more needles...not exactly my idea of a good time, but a necessary evil I suppose!  I received a great tip from the message board that I have been hanging out on lately, name to use Emla to numb the pain of the intramuscular injections.  I am a HUGE fan of Emla for bikini line electrolysis (you feel NO pain, really!) so I am definitely buying the biggest tube I can find and bringing it with me, because who knows whether or not they have an equivalent in Europe and after all, why suffer, life is short!

On a less-positive note, I am starting to get the dreaded zits from the BCP.  At my age too!  Oh well, maybe that will convince my eggs to act more teenager-like, which, for this exercise, would be a good thing.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment