Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 17: Lift-Off Inches Closer!

Sunday night...Happy Halloween!  I must admit I celebrated last night instead of this evening, which meant that today was a bit, ahh, rough.  But no drinking, nope, I was very well behaved on that front, can't pickle those darn eggs (maybe that's what they need though - a nice stiff drink!).  But still, when you get to be my ripe old age, even staying out late is enough to throw you off kilter...especially when, after 4 hours sleep, ones' favourite animal kingdom companion decides that it is time for mummy to haul her butt out of bed, and damn the torpedoes!  The great news however is that in the course of my evening, and notwithstanding the fact that I was out on the town with a good buddy of mine, I was hit on by a 27-year old.  Who almost fell off his bar stool when I assured him that I was just about old enough to be his mother and that perhaps he should go and play with someone closer to his own age.  I guess the alcohol was blinding him, but I am studiously ignorning that obvious reality and instead taking his actions as a good sign that maybe, just maybe, my eggs are a bit younger than their chronological age as well. 

The big countdown is definitely on now...I get on that plane a week Thursday.  Will be interested to see how many all nighters I have to pull to be able to get myself organized to get over to Europe; am already getting a bit panicked about it now.  Apparently my man is also having similar thoughts, but more along the lines of "hmmm will the apartment be ready".  Which it had better be or I am going to be ticked, as I have no time to deal with him not having a kitchen installed and ready to go, on top of unpacking (he says that is "my job"...I wonder if he would like to haul his cute European butt over to my side of the pond then and deal with what I have on my plate), organizing, getting my bearings in a new town, new country, new language etc., taking a day to spend at the fertility clinic, and then prepping for my job interview.  Oh, and of course starting the IVF, assuming I get the green light. 

However so far so good.  BCP is still being taken with fanatical regularity, it's still making me feel a bit seasick (but very tolerable), and the zits are still there.  So hopefully that means all is well. 2 weeks tomorrow and I will know if they will proceed with the IVF, and what my protocol is going to be.  Wow wow wow.  By mid-December I could be pregnant.  Or buying a dog!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment