Thursday, November 25, 2010

What the??!??

Ummm...I think something is wrong.   And no, unlike my partner I am not inclined to be the neurotic type, but even an eternal optimist like myself has to wake up and smell the coffee.  I am on Day 9 (I think?) of needles and I feel nothing.  Nada.  Zip.  Zilch.  Nyet.  My energy levels are fine.  My ovaries feel like they aren't even there.  I am not bloated.  I am not moody. I am not tired. I am happy, perky, busy and, well, not feeling like I am growing 10 or more follicles down there. What the???!!!!

My first ultrasound is tomorrow.  Not looking forward to that 3+ hour drive to Belgium on my own, and they are also calling for snow.  Yeay, not. I am very curious to see what they will say.  They did warn me that they could adjust my drugs at that point. So maybe they are going to take me from 225 of the Gonal F up to the max.  Since, after all, I am an old lady!  :-)

And here I was worried about possible hyperstimulation (because I have no medical coverage for a hospital stay related to IVF complications).  Ha!  Famous last words!

 Stay tuned for tomorrow's update, I suspect that will be the key one.  If they do end up pulling me due to lack of response, I already have my plan B lined up....manicure, pedicure, facial, massage and a nice glass of local wine!  I have always thought that it helps to have something to look forward too, no matter what curves life throws ones way!

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment