Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 24: Inching Closer!

I fly out on Thursday.  As in 4 days from now I will hopefully snoozing on the plane.  I can't believe everything that needs to happen between now and then.  But because I am so loaded up on all other fronts I am strangely calm about this whole IVF thing.  Probably because I am trying to pack up my entire home so that once it goes on the market and sells (hopefully!) everything is ready for the shippers and I don't have to fly back potentially pregnant and feeling lousy and unable to lift heavy things in order to pack it all then.  Only I could be so crazy as to get my home ready for sale, do a full overseas shipping packing process, sign myself up for a job interview as soon as I arrive (what was I thinking?!?) and ship my little animal companion to boot (which I can assure you is a process in and of itself!).   

Well, other than the fact that I can't seem to sleep through the night properly which I am assuming is a sign of stress, at least I am not dwelling on the IVF.  I wonder if general stress interferes with IVF, or just stress about getting pregnant.  If the former, I am toast.  If the latter, well, I don't even have time to think about that until I go to my first appointment at the clinic on November 15th.   And even then I won't have much time to think about it, as I will be dealing with unpacking everything in the new place that my European man has been more or less busily (ahem) focused on setting up. 

Now is probably about the time that I need some serious yoga, a massage or a meditation session or two, except I simply don't have the time.   Well, nix that, I do in fact have a facial booked for tomorrow morning, haven't had one of those in ages so it will be a very nice treat!  Then it will be back to my boxes.  Joy joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment