Friday, November 19, 2010

In She Goes!

As we were driving around last night running errands (ahhh the joys of moving...one gets to buy such exciting things...like toilet brushes for example) a thought occurred to me....uh...duh....wasn't I supposed to start shooting needles into me that evening?  With that possibility in mind (since neither of us were entirely sure) we decided to forgo stopping off for a drink (tea for me of course) and head home to wade through pages of instructions in Flemish.  Which neither of us speak/read btw.  Luckily there were pictures.  And luckily my man has some paramedic training and is fairly comfortable with a needle.  Because tbh my contribution to the whole process was the following. 

Me:  SQUEAL OMIGOD are you going to stick that huge thing into me (needle folks, needle...!)??!!!!!!!!!!!
Him: No, relax, that's just to transfer stuff from this ampule to the other one and mix it. 
Me:  OMIGOD I can't look.
Him: Just be quiet and stop wriggling or it will hurt more.

Yup.  I must say if I had to do this on my own it would not be happening. Or I would hire a nurse to come by every evening. 

Anyways the needle went in fine, and this morning I had no noticeable side effects (not even a bruise), other than a wee bit of a headache, which went away quite quickly and could have been completely unrelated.  I did however get a nasty itchy rash from....drum roll please....the disinfecting alcohol swab.  Go figure. Won't be using quite so much of that the next time (think I might have overdone it a wee bit).

Tonight we do it all over again, and I think tomorrow night we add a 2nd needle to the mix.  Ahhh, the joys.  But at least the second one is pre-loaded.  However I am STILL not giving it to myself.  That's his job.  Actually I think he takes secret sadistic pleasure in doing it.  He who holds the needle wields the power it would appear!

The fun continues.  If it results in a child all I can say is that it had bloody well better appreciate what I had to go through for it!!!!  :-)   Although of course I know it won't give a dang...but still....!

No comments:

Post a Comment