Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 20: OMG - Something Just Dawned on Me!!!!!

You know when you think you have everything under control?  And things are going along swimmingly.  And then suddenly, out of the blue (wham!) something occurs to you?  And it's like..oh sugar...didn't think of that...uh oh!!!!!

I just had one of those moments while rereading the emails from the IVF clinic.  Which all reference the various things that are expected of me and my husband during the IVF period.  And, well, I guess I have a mental block against the word "husband" so when I see it, it mysteriously vanishes from both the page and from my consciousness.  Except it just finally occurred to me that, well, what if they won't do this procedure if I am not legally married?  At least, not to the man that is contributing the other part of the equation?  In fact married to quite another man altogether, from whom the divorce, after various screwups on the part of lawyers and courts, still remains in limbo-land?  (But will hopefully be resolved by the end of the year.)  Oh my. 

Well, off to write a rather awkward email to the clinic to see what they have to say about my moral lassitude.  Although I always thought the Europeans were more, erm, advanced, in these matters, and didn't get hung up on a piece of paper.  After all if I didn't have the barn doors tightly locked shut, what is the difference between me doing this, vs. me going to a bar, having a few drinks, taking the cute 27-year old home with me and having my way with him, and then....ooops look what Santa gave me for Christmas?

Ok enough said, better get to it.   How embarrassing at my age.  The things we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment