Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Here we go!

What a whirlwind couple of days!   I am now safe and sound in Europe, and am somewhat settled.  However a man left to his own devices in handling a move is a very dangerous thing, and beyond that I will say no more.  Luckily, as always, every woman worth her salt is capable of saving the day!  I wonder if the entire male species suffers from some sort of genetic defect when it comes to getting things organized and executing effectively since my prior one also struggled with handling moves. Oh well, big sigh, deep breath.

I headed over to the clinic in Belgium yesterday.  Hmmmmmm.  It is in a teaching hospital, and frankly the place was a dump.  However I am not going to get myself worked up over that, hopefully they know what they are doing and I'll just have to ignore the cosmetics.  The RE seemed ok, but then again how can one really tell from a 15 minute interview?  The weird bit is that they only have me on 2 drugs, followed by 1 additional shot of something just before egg retrieval, and then some progesterone.  For some reason I was expecting to be taking far more drugs.  Odd.  I am going to match up what they have prescribed me to what my clinic in North America recommended to see what the differences in the drugs are.  They did however say that when I go in for my first ultrasound on November 26th, that they might adjust my meds then.  Not, however, that I am complaining or anything, hell no!  2 needles a day is plenty for me thank you very much.  Good thing my man is in charge of that, it is definitely NOT my thing.  But I have my trusty Emla with me, perhaps that will lessen the impact somewhat. 

Yesterday was my last day on the BCP (yeay - am NOT going to miss that!) and on Thursday the needles start.   I am very curious as to how I am going to be feeling once they kick in, that's for sure.  The good news however is that the RE noticed a number of follicles when she did my ultrasound, so hopefully this will be a good run.

Off to bed now, it was one heck of a unpacking/cleaning day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment