Sunday, November 21, 2010

Part 2!

Added the 2nd drug yesterday, Gonadotropin (or some such) at a medium dose of 225.  It comes in a preloaded pen with a very fine needle - what a difference that makes!!! Didn't feel a thing tbh.  Glad this is the one that I have to take for 2 weeks, rather than the other stuff that has to be mixed up etc. and where the needle is definitely fatter!   The good news is that so far I have no bruising on my stomach, so clearly my man has a deft touch with a needle.  Makes one wonder what he did in his past life!   :-)

He also had to take a single dose of antibiotics yesterday....which he bitched and moaned about.  Kind of funny tbh given what I have to go through.  Men!

So far I am also not really experiencing any symptoms that I can pinpoint.  Ok admittedly I am a bit bitchy but that could be jet lag and dealing with a poorly coordinated move.  And it isn't anything over the top that I can't mask, at least so far.  We'll see once I get further into this second drug.  The great news is the first drug is only for 7 days, so I am already at the halfway point with it.  Hell, I am at the halfway point for the whole process come to think of it! 

Now it's time to get back to my boxes!  Let's hope that the rest of this is as smooth sailing as this first bit has been!

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from the ivf.ca nov/dec group. I can't imagine moving in the middle of all of this! Best of luck with the move! I look forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! Well, I guess the one very good thing about this international move is that it is keeping me from dwelling on this whole IVF process! Because when you can't find your socks or a pair of jeans, or the granola is in the laundry room and your hairbrush finally surfaces in the toolbox (not good when you have long hair and no stores are open on Sundays), well, everything else becomes secondary! :-)

    ReplyDelete